Saturday, July 9, 2011

You are telling me you want to paint the house like the chicken coop??

     As many of you may or may not know, I like chickens. There I said it. Like an addict in AA I am admitting my problem. Chickens became a little addicting for me and I went a little crazy. I bought chicks, I hatched chicks, I stole chicks (?). Soon my petite coop Benson had built for me looked like the Duggar family living in a single-wide trailer! We talked to the high school building trades teacher and his students needed a project so we began to draw up plans. I had more of a chicken mansion in mind rather than just a simple coop. Long story short,  I loved how the coop turned out, a beautiful red barn style addition to our front yard. I love red barns. My dream someday is to have a giant red barn, maybe two, or three.

Cute isn't it?? I think so.



We decided to have our brother-in-law Ryan build on a front porch to our house when he did our new roof and when it was complete I stood back and had a good look at the house and decided that it would look good the same color as the chicken coop. I ran the idea past my family who thought I had lost my mind. Really they ACTUALLY thought I had lost it. Benson didn't say too much. I think he knows that once I decide to paint something he might as well be on board with it hence our "rapture red" bedroom, dark purple bathroom, and celery green bathroom. Painting is not exactly rocket science so it is something I can actually do by myself without help, or approval, if necessary! So it was off to Lowes to match paint. Turn out that is not as easy as it sounds but after several days I finally had the paint in hand and began to paint up a storm. Literally. I started painting and hadn't even made it across half of the front when the rain hit. Painting delayed. Day two: Only was able to paint for a few minutes between rain storms. Day three: rain.  Day four and five: Finally was able to get most of it done ( thanks to Benson kicking butt and helping out). I love how it turned out. I know not everyone will think the red is as awesome as I do, and that's okay because it's my house and not theirs.  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment